Hello everyone! I hope everyone was able to get some rest on Sunday after a long but great Saturday celebrating the marching arts! We have another week with exciting events going on. Below is our weekly update. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
- Monday-Colorguard rehearsal from 6pm-9pm @MHS
- Tuesday-Winds/Percussion rehearsal from 6pm-9pm @MHS
- Wednesday-Full rehearsal from 6pm-9pm @MHS. At the conclusion of this rehearsal, the truck will need loaded for Friday night’s events.
- Friday-The homecoming parade will occur prior to the homecoming game on 9/29/23. Students will be dropped off in uniform on the far side of the railroad tracks behind Mars Bank in downtown Mars at 4:15pm. The parade steps off at 5:00 and is anticipated to be done between 5:15 and 5:20. At the conclusion of the parade, students are to head to the middle school to begin preparing for the football game. There will be a bus for students who do not drive or who don’t have someone to drive them to the middle school after the parade. Once students arrive to the middle school, a pizza meal will be provided for them as well as water and dessert. Please thank the Schumann family and Ruth O’Donnell for providing this meal to our students. At this football game, the band will not perform during halftime(due to homecoming events), so the band will perform at the conclusion of the football game. The truck will NOT need unloaded at the conclusion of this game as students will be performing after the game this evening.
- Butler County Band Festival-The Annual Butler County Band Festival is occurring on Wednesday October 4th at 7:00pm. This is the yearly band festival in which all bands in Butler County get the opportunity to perform for one another and their community. It is a large event, and we are excited to perform for the Butler County community. We will be leaving Mars High School at 4:45pm so that we can arrive/park by 5:30 hopefully. Once the event is complete, we will return to Mars High School. Anticipated return time is around 9:30pm. Students will also receive tickets for family members to get into this event. They will be passed out at the conclusion of this Wednesday night’s rehearsal Each student will receive 4 free tickets for family members to attend the event. If you would like additional tickets, they can be purchased for $5/ticket. Students can bring a check/cash for these tickets directly to Mr. Soose beginning next week. If writing a check, please make checks out to Mars Band Boosters Inc. A meal will NOT be provided for this event, and opportunities to visit concession stands will most likely not occur, so students should eat prior to leaving.
Have a great week!