Hello everyone! After a fantastic first week of band camp, week two is already upon us. Please see the information regarding this week of band camp as well as other reminders. As always, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
- Band Camp-Camp is once again Monday through Friday from 1pm-9pm.
- Shoe Fitting-On Monday August 7th, Dwight from Banding Together will be at rehearsal to fit all new students with their shoes. All old students who need new shoes can order those at this time as well. As a reminder, shoes need to be paid at the time of the fitting. It is $46 for marching band shoes and $44 for colorguard shoes. All checks should be made out to Mars Band Boosters.
- Tuesday Truck Load-At the conclusion of Tuesday’s rehearsal, the truck will need to be loaded for Wednesday’s rehearsal at the MAC. If your child is in percussion, please anticipate an additional 35-45 minutes of time after rehearsal to load equipment into the truck. If you child wishes to assist with the truck load as well, that’s great! They should also anticipate an additional 35-45 minutes of loading after rehearsal concludes.
- Wednesday/Truck Load-Wednesday’s band camp day is being held at the MAC(stadium). Since we will be at the MAC on Wednesday, we will be re-loading the truck at the conclusion of Wednesday evening’s rehearsal. Please plan for a similar schedule as Tuesday.
- Moe’s Night-On Wednesday is our yearly Moe’s Night. If you ordered Moes, pickup is at 5:00pm at the MAC. After dinner, feel free to stick around and watch an open rehearsal to see what your student has been up to the past 8 days of band camp!
- Picture Day-This Friday August 11th is picture day. Picture day will begin promptly at 10:00am at Mars High School prior to camp beginning at 1:00pm. Students can begin arriving at 9:45 for pictures. Students will receive their uniform prior to Friday and should arrive IN their uniform. If students get all of their pictures completed and would like to go home prior to camp, they are welcome to. If not, they are more than welcome to stay. Just please plan on having a lunch packed as well as a dinner for that day. If you have not received an email from Michael Holl regarding pictures, please let me know, and I can forward you the information. No pictures will need to be ordered prior to picture day, as pictures can be ordered online after they become available.
- Meet the Planets-Meet the Planets is scheduled for Sunday August 20th. Start time is 5:00(not officially confirmed, but anticipated). This event is used to help kick off the fall season for the band, dance, cheerleaders, and football team. It will be held at the MAC, and the band will perform part of their halftime performance as well as some other pieces from their Friday night reportoire. Once band camp concludes, we will have more information on this.
- Fall Schedule/Saturday Rehearsals-As we are quickly approaching the end of the our summer schedule, please make sure to be checking the Mars Band Google Calendar for the most up to date schedule. Our evening rehearsals will begin the week after band camp, and Saturday rehearsals will begin on Saturday August 19th from 9am-3pm.
Have a great week!