Please take a moment to review next week’s schedule; between Kennywood and the first game there may be questions. As I mentioned before, if you ever have any questions, please email me.
Monday – Band Camp
- 3-9 PM @ HS
- Students will receive their two show shirts at practice; they are to wear one to Kennywood on Tuesday
- Hoagie Pick Up: HS Cafeteria between 3-5 PM
- We will have the 2nd of the three mandatory meetings: 7:30 PM in the HS auditorium – all parents must attend one of these meetings.
Tuesday – Kennywood Day
Report Time – 8:45 AM @ HS
Students and chaperones are to wear the show shirt that they received on Monday. Students and chaperones do not need to purchase a ticket.
- To help organize, students should bring two bags: one bag for things they need to carry throughout the park during the day; they will need money for lunch. The other small bag they will leave on the bus. It needs to have the blue Mars Band shirts (please do not wear the PIMBA Champ shirt), khaki shorts, white socks, and tennis shoes. Students will have time to change after dinner
- The Boosters will supply dinner to the students: hoagies, chips, and a bottle of water. We will not have any other food choices. If your student needs to eat something else they will need to pack or bring money to purchase dinner
- It is helpful if students have a portable charger; many phones die throughout the day and we will use Remind to communicate with them – all parents and students should be on Remind
- Parents that are not chaperoning throughout the day – you will need to purchase a ticket to come into the park.
Wednesday – Band Camp
- 3-9 PM @ HS
Thursday – Band Camp
- 3-9 PM @ HS
Friday – Football Game
- Report to the High School at 5:45 PM – Due to construction, students and chaperones will be transported by bus to the stadium
- Students are to wear their summer uniform – blue t-shirt and khaki shorts
- Students will be transported back to the HS after the game – please plan to pick up your student at the HS, not at the stadium
- Chaperones and concession workers – please pick up your lanyard behind the HS. Lisa Kumpfmiller will be there to distribute
End of Band Camp Celebration
This year Senior Class and their families will be hosting a pool party on Thursday, August 29. Please see the link for more information: http://evite.me/zb252GPDaP
** THIS IS NOT A BAND BOOSTER EVENT** If you have questions please contact Donna Guenther at: firstname.lastname@example.org>
- We are still in need of chaperones – sign up at https://signup.com/go/JyyuXXF
- Visiting Band Cookies – at each home game our section leaders will visit the visiting band. We are in need of cookie donations: https://signup.com/go/octGamG
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!