Good morning everyone! I hope that you enjoyed your weekend! Below are some weekly updates. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.
- Shoes-Dwight the shoe guy will be at rehearsal on Wednesday July 27th to fit students who need marching band shoes. As a reminder, all new students will need shoes for the upcoming season, and any old members who need new shoes can get purchase new shoes at this time as well. Cost for shoes are as follows: $43 for marching band shoes and $40 for colorguard shoes. Payment will need to be received at the time of them being ordered, and all checks can be made out to Mars Band Boosters. If payment is not received, shoes cannot be ordered at that time. If a student will not be at that rehearsal, we have sample shoes that they can try on prior to that week.
- Picture Day-Please mark your calendars. Picture Day for the marching band will occur on Thursday August 4th at Mars High School. Photos for underclassmen will begin at 9am, and photos for Seniors will start roughly at 10:15. More information regarding purchasing photos will be sent out in the coming weeks, but please please mark your calendars for those times.
- DCI-If your purchased drum corps tickets for the August 5th show at Baldwin High School, tickets are $29 each. You can write a check to David Soose or provide cash. Please submit payment within the next two rehearsals. Tickets will be printed prior to the event and distributed at the event to prevent tickets from getting lost.
- Forms/Payments-If you still have not turned in forms/payments, please do that ASAP.
- Kennywood-If you have not heard already, Kennywood has decided this summer to begin going cashless. I wanted to email you all so that everyone can plan accordingly as Kennywood is less than a month away. However, Kennywood does offer a cash to card kiosks in the park. To learn more about money options within the park, please use this link to visit their website: https://www.kennywood.com/cashless
- Meet the Planets-Please remember to mark your calendars for Sunday August 21st as the Meet the Planets event. The event will take place on Sunday evening, and will be an opportunity to present the marching band as well as several other fall organizations to the community to kick off the fall season!