Good morning, Marching Band Families!
I hope this email finds you well and excited about band camp starting next week – where did the summer go?
The following has a LOT of important information, please take a moment to review and do not hesitate to reach out with any questions!
Picture Day – Thursday
GameON Photography is our photography this year and we are excited to have them!
3 options to place your order! Please read the instructions to learn more:
• Pre-Order online: Save time & money! No need to bring an order form on Photo Day! Just use the private link and password below to view our products & pay for your order in advance. The best part- Order early through the portal and get a 10% discount! NO CODE NEEDED – the portal prices are already discounted by 10%. The portal closes midnight Aug 2 and will not re-open, so act fast! Your link and password is:
Link: Mars Band Pre-Order Portal
Portal Closes at Midnight Aug 2
• Photo Day orders: You may print the attached order form and have it ready on Thursday for anyone who did not use the online pre-order process. We accept cash, check or credit/debit cards. No discount will be available on orders received on Photo Day.
• After Photo Day ordering: we will post photos on our website www.gameonphoto.com approx. 4 weeks after photo day. Any orders placed will not have a discount available and will be shipped directly to your address. A shipping fee will apply.
Practice will be help at the high school from 1-9 PM
In addition to items brought to summer rehearsal, students need to bring sunscreen and a packed dinner.
Every student MUST complete the FamilyID information and pay the $100 district activity fee prior to Monday. This can by paid online through the FamilyID site NOT Charms – https://www.familyid.com/organizations/mars-area-school-district-activities or a check to the HS office.
Picture Day – Thursday
Students may stay after their scheduled picture time and eat a lunch that they bring. The boosters will provide pizza and dessert for dinner on Thursday.
For last minute schedule changes and updates we encourage you to join the 2022 Remind Communication: https://www.remind.com/join/hcaa2g2 Returning families, you will need to join this year’s communication link.
Kennywood – Saturday, August 6
- Kennywood is now cashless – students will need cash that they then can put on a card to used throughout the park. They will need money to purchase lunch and dinner.
- No pavilions are available for us to use that day – Boosters will NOT provide any meals while at the park
- Students and chaperones are to wear their show shirts when they report on Saturday – these will be distributed on Thursday.
- Students will bring their uniforms that will be distributed this week; these will be worn during the parade
- Report times will be provided later next week
Concession Workers: https://signup.com/go/znLKPyK
Each family is required to work at least one concession shift during the season. Currently, we have many open spots.
- Please use the above link to volunteer
- You MUST be a board approved independent volunteer
- Tasks may include any of the following: taking attendance, supervise students on the bus/stands, taking students to restroom, passing out snacks, assisting with uniforms, pushing equipment, etc.
- Parents will not pay an entrance fee to games/competitions
- There is also a spot for equipment help only – this task does not require volunteers to be independent volunteers
*Parents that are not board approved will NOT be able to chaperone events
- Picture Preorders August 2
- Senior Bios – Due August 1; please bring the paper copy that was provided in the band packet
- Candy Grams and Yard Sign Orders – Due August 3
We are all looking forward to a wonderful season…enjoy the weekend and do not hesitate to reach out with any questions.