Hello Marching Band Families,
I hope you are enjoying this beautiful weekend. As we get ready to begin band camp next week, please take some time to review the following information and some reminders.
Monday – Friday 1-9 PM at the High School
- Students will need to bring a packed dinner, large refillable water bottle, and sunscreen
- Boosters will provide pizza, chips, and desserts for dinner on Friday – students will need to bring their own drink
- Show shirts will be distributed on Friday during dinner
- Candy Gram orders and money due Wednesday, August 4
*If you pick up your student at the front of the high school, please do NOT enter the parking lot until the cones have be moved – thank you!
- All students MUST register on FamilyID as well as pay their $100 activity PRIOR to the start of band camp on August 2nd
- If FamilyID/payment is not received, students may not participate per district policy
- If you are free/reduced lunch, you are still required to fill out FamilyID, but you are not required to pay the $100 activity fee
- A link to register on FamilyID is below. When paying, you may pay online, or you may write out a check and deliver it to the high school main office. That check can be submitted on the first day of band camp to the main office secretary, and make sure to ask for a receipt.
- DO NOT TURN YOUR CHECK INTO STAFF OR BOOSTER PARENTS – IF PAYING BY CHECK PLEASE TAKE TO THE HIGH SCHOOL SECRETARY – ASK FOR A RECEIPT
The first meeting for the season will be this Thursday, August 5, in the high school auditorium beginning at 7PM.
Sunday, August 8
- Report time to the high school at 9 AM; students and chaperones are to wear their show shirt
- Students are to bring their FULL uniform, including shako and shoes, when they report to school. They are also required to bring/wear black socks that go above the ankle during the parade
- Shorts that are worn under their uniforms should have no zippers
- Boosters will provide Italian hoagies, chips, and water for dinner. If your student has a food allergy, you may email me by Tuesday, and we can look for an alternative food or you may send money with you student to purchase dinner
- Parade will begin at 6PM. After the parade we will load the truck and depart
- If you have not signed up for Remind please do so prior to Kennywood Day; we will send an announcement when we leave
The next regular school board meeting will be held on Tuesday, August 10. Remember to take your paperwork to the admin center to have your name added to the agenda to be board approved.
- Last for the season on 8/14 at 7-11
- We do not have any parent volunteers for the afternoon shift
Moe’s Fundraiser Night – Tuesday, August 10
- Use the following link to order your kit: https://form.jotform.com/211394413639154
- Families will pick their boxes at the Middle School and may stay and have a picnic lunch with their student
- After dinner, you may stay and watch the students practice at the MAC. For new families, that is the football stadium:)
- Last year was the first for this event…it was a huge success!
An email was sent this week with information regarding signups for the season. Every parent MUST sign up to work at least one concession shift:
*You must be an Independent Volunteer to chaperone
Concession Set-Up, Workers and Pretzel Pick Up: https://signup.com/go/znLKPyK
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Mars Area Band Boosters, President
This email has been sent via Charms Office Assistant on behalf of:
Mars Area Band Boosters Inc
PO Box 1061
Mars, PA 16046
Click here to unsubscribe from Charms email communications: unsubscribe