Thank you to everyone that took time to volunteer at concessions and chaperone on Friday evening. It was a a successful evening thanks to your help. We still have spots open in all areas that must be filled – concessions, competition meals, and chaperones.
Please take a moment to review the schedule for this week:
Tuesday, September 4 – Practice at the HS
• Wind Sectional 3-5 PM
• Percussion and Colorguard Sectional 5:30-8:30 PM
Wednesday, September 5 – Practice at the Mars Turf Field “New Field”
Full Band Rehearsal 5:30-8:30 PM
*The forecast is calling for another hot week; please remember water and sunscreen*
Friday, September 7 – Football Game, Away Greensbug Salem High School
Report time to the HS 4:30 PM
* Just a reminder to parents and chaperones. Please do not purchase food/drinks for the students and bring to the stands. The Boosters provide a drink and water after halftime. Students are welcome to bring an extra bottle of water in their band bags.
Saturday, September 8 – Competition Day, Kiski Area
• Full Band Rehearsal begins at Noon at the Mars Turf Field
• Students are to be dropped off at the Middle School and leave their uniforms in the band room; they will walk to the new field. With this being the first competition please remind students to have all parts to their uniforms including black socks.
• Parents donating water/cookies please drop off at the Fish Bowl at the Middle School
• Competition Meal Servers – I will email a report time once the time for dinner has be determined
• Chick Fil A Sandwiches will be served for dinner – gluten free pizza is the alternate meal for those that have contacted me. If students do not like that item, they will need to pack their meal.
• Mars is scheduled to perform at 8:45 PM
• Pick up at the Middle School
For the new band families, at the conclusion of each competition is an awards ceremony (this competition a Recognition Ceremony beginning at 9:30). Trucks will need to be packed, then we depart. I will send a message on Remind when we leave each competition.
We appreciate your flexibility with the many moving pieces on Competition Days.
Popcorn Sale – all orders are due by September 4 to the Band Box or Vpfirstname.lastname@example.org
Booster Meeting – Wednesday, September 5, HS Faculty Room at 7 PM
Enjoy the Labor Day weekend and hope to see you on Wednesday!