Hello Band Parents,
Sounds like the students had a productive week at camp!
Please take time to review next week’s schedule and events. We have many new members this school year and there will be times that emails may contain information that returning members already know.
Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday: Practice at the High School 8 AM – 4 PM
– Report to the HS at 9:00 AM; students and chaperones should wear their black “Between Darkness and Light” T-shirt. Students and chaperones do not need to purchase a ticket.
– To help organize, students should bring two bags: one bag for things they need to carry throughout the park during the day; they will need money for lunch. The other small bag they will leave on the bus. It needs to have the white polo shirt, khaki shorts, white socks, and tennis shoes. Students will have time to change after dinner.
– The Boosters will supply dinner to the students: Italian, ham, or turkey hoagies, chips, and a bottle of water. We will not have any other food choices. If your student needs to eat something else they will need to pack or bring money to purchase dinner.
– It is helpful if students have a portable charger; many phones die throughout the day and we will use Remind to communicate with them.
– Parade begins at 8 PM – weather permitting. Parents that are not chaperoning throughout the day – you will need to purchase a ticket to come into the park.
** Shirts will be given out on Tuesday
Hoagie Pick Up
Pick up will be at the HS on Tuesday between 2:45-3:45 PM – due to summer hours we must be out of the school on time.
Thanks to everyone that sold; it was a successful sale!
Friday – Picture Day and Practice
– Students are to report to the MAC (football field) at 8 AM in their full uniforms; please do not just arrive at 8.
– We will begin with the group picture; small group and individual pictures will be moved to the Middle School.
– 7th grade students will have pictures first then they will have the opportunity to tour the Middle School while remaining students have their pictures taken; we will have a parent and student help them with the tour.
– When pictures are done students will head back to the HS for practice.
* Boosters will provide pizza for lunch; students are to bring their own drinks
* Picture order form is attached
2018 band festival individual order forms
Attached you will find an order form for T-shirts for the festival – this is an optional purchase.
Order form and money due to the band box on Tuesday – checks to Mars Marching Band Boosters.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Enjoy the three day weekend!